Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Welcome

Welcome to my workshop.  While I have no way of anticipating the kind of readership this blog will achieve, I hope that over time, I will be able to present posts on a wide range of topics that will appeal to several different niches.  It will most likely include some history, and heavy doses of tinplate, copper and woodworking both historic and modern.  I envision this blog as a way of documenting projects, progressing skills, and hopefully a forum for myself and like-minded "mechanicks" to exchange ideas and information.  Please feel free (I invite you) to offer suggestions and advice as the blog moves forward.

On a personal note, the last six or so years have been ones of upheaval and change.  Having just gotten married in July of 2014, the changes continue as my wife and our two children settle into domestic bliss.  That being said, it's time to dust off the workbench, clean up the years of rust, and reclaim my workshop from the storage space that it has become.  After months of work, the sheet metal side of the shop is nearly ready to go, and as such, this blog will most likely be heavy on tin and copper to start. Woodworking will not be far behind, but due to my changing preferences and my daughter's allergies, I will be converting to hand tools almost exclusively.

The first order of business in the spring: a workbench better suited to hand tool use.

A glimpse of what is currently on my bench.  More on this soon.




Please pull up a stool, grab a coffee, and join me on this journey.  I look forward to making new friends and learning as much as I can in this life.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Jeff I'm right there with you. The museum as my wife refers to it as is my dream shop coming to reality. I hope we get to share many pots of strong coffee , discussions and helpful hints as we travel this road together.

    ReplyDelete